CURRENT EVENTS WITH VFHS
Here is what VFHS is currently working on and what you may be looking for:
The 2014 VFHS Annual Conference was held in March in Roanoke, Virginia at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center. This year's conference was a huge success and many new friendships were formed.
The annual conference is a great opportunity to get together with animal welfare professionals, volunteers and people who simply care about animals and who want to learn more about animals or how to make a difference during this dynamic three-day conference. This is a great chance to benefit from workshops given by experts in the field as well as to share ideas, information and plans while enjoying the beautiful mountains of Virginia!
The conference features practical information and current topics in animal welfare, which also provide continuing education credits for Humane Investigators and Animal Control Officers, making it possible to earn 15 CEU credit hours.
Information about the dates and location of our 2015 conference will be available in the coming months. Please check our website often for updates!!
A special thank you goes out to Angels of Assisi who served as Host Agency for the conference! www.angelsofassisi.org
Spay VA is proud to announce spay/neuter grant funds were awarded to qualified organizations at the end of this year's conference in Roanoke. This is a new program that Spay VA offered for the first time this year to better serve Federation members in their spay/neuter programs.
- Organization is a 501c3.
- Organization is a Federation member in good standing (yearly dues paid and current application) and their organization serves the state of Virginia.
- Organization attends the conference and is present to receive funding awarded at the end of the conference.
- Funding covers spay/neuter surgeries only.
- Amount/animal is capped at $45.00. If amount of surgery exceeds this per animal, organization must have the capacity to fund the remainder through co-pays or fundraising.
- Organization must provide a report of how money was spent as requested by the Federation. Monthly reports on how many animals were fixed will be required.
State Coordinator, Spay VA
CURRENT LEGISLATION - STAY INFORMED