CURRENT EVENTS WITH VFHS
Here is what VFHS is currently working on and what you may be looking for:
Registration is now open for our 2014 Annual Conference being held March 20 - 22, 2014 in beautiful Roanoke, VA.
Please join us at the 2014 VFHS Annual Conference in Roanoke, Virginia. This is an opportunity to get together with animal welfare professionals, volunteers and people who simply care about animals and who want to learn more about animals or how to make a difference during this dynamic three-day conference. This is a great chance to benefit from workshops given by experts in the field as well as to share ideas, information and plans while enjoying the beautiful mountains of Virginia!
For workshop details and times, download the 2014 Conference Workshop Schedule!!!
The conference features practical information and current topics in animal welfare, which also provide continuing education credits for Humane Investigators and Animal Control Officers, making it possible to earn 15 CEU credit hours.
For information about hotel accommodations, amenities and driving directions, please visit Sheraton Roanoke Reservations for VFHS Annual Conference. Special group rate applies until February 27, 2014. UPDATE: The Sheraton is fully booked at this time but the Holiday Inn - Valley View has graciously agreed to honor our special room rate at their hotel and is also waiving the pet fee for guests registered with our conference. Their hotel is ajacent to the Sheraton so no driving is necessary from the conference to your hotel room. You may call the hotel directly to reserve your room at (540) 362-4500 and use group code FHS to get the special rate or you may reserve online thru this link Holiday Inn VFHS Reservation Page.
Both hotels are pet-friendly at no extra charge.
For information on Partnership Opportunities, please click on our Sponsor/Exhibitor Brochure.
A special thank you goes out to Angels of Assisi who will serve as Host Agency for the conference! www.angelsofassisi.org
Spay VA is proud to announce spay/neuter money will be awarded to qualified organizations at the end of this year's conference in Roanoke. This is a new program that Spay VA is offering for the first time this year to better serve Federation members in their spay/neuter programs.
- Organization is a 501c3.
- Organization is a Federation member in good standing (yearly dues paid and current application) and their organization serves the state of Virginia.
- Organization attends the conference and is present to receive funding awarded at the end of the conference.
- Funding covers spay/neuter surgeries only.
- Amount/animal is capped at $45.00. If amount of surgery exceeds this per animal, organization must have the capacity to fund the remainder through co-pays or fundraising.
- Organization must provide a report of how money was spent as requested by the Federation. Monthly reports on how many animals were fixed will be required.
State Coordinator, Spay VA
CURRENT LEGISLATION - STAY INFORMED