CURRENT EVENTS WITH VFHS
We are excited to announce that our 2016 Annual Conference will be held on March 31 - April 2, 2016 at the Double Tree Hotel in Charlottesville, VA. Please check our conference page for more details as they become available.
The annual conference is a great opportunity to get together with animal welfare professionals, volunteers and people who simply care about animals and who want to learn more about animals or how to make a difference during this dynamic three-day conference. This is a great chance to benefit from workshops given by experts in the field as well as to share ideas, information and plans while visiting one of Virginia's historic cities!
The conference features practical information and current topics in animal welfare, which also provide continuing education credits for Humane Investigators and Animal Control Officers, making it possible to earn 15 CEU credit hours.
A special thank you goes out to our Host Agency for the 2016 conference! Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA
2015 Conference SponsorsThank you to the following businesses and organizations for sponsoring our 2015 Conference.
$5000 Platinum Sponsor
$2500 Gold Sponsor
$1000 Silver Sponsor
$500 Bronze Sponsor
Exciting news from SpayVA:
- Organization is a 501c3.
- Organization is a Federation member in good standing (yearly dues paid and current application) and their organization serves the state of Virginia.
- Organization attends the conference and is present to receive funding awarded at the closing session of the conference.
- Funding covers spay/neuter surgeries only.
- Amount/animal is capped at $45.00 for a cat and $100.00 for a dog. If amount of surgery exceeds this per animal, organization must have the capacity to fund the remainder through co-pays or fundraising.
- Organization must provide a report of how money was spent as requested by the Federation.
- Monthly reports on how many animals were fixed will be required.
2015 Spay/Neuter Grants were awarded to the following VFHS member organizations:
Animal Resources of Tidewater
- Blue Ridge Border Collie Rescue
Cat's Cradle of the Shenandoah Valley
Community Cat Advocats
Dogs Deserve Better
- Friends of Fairfax County Animal Shelter
Gloucester-Mathews Humane Society
Hanover Humane Society
- Helping Homeless Felines
- Heritage Humane Society
Martinsville-Henry County SPCA
Ring Dog Rescue
SNAP (Spay/Neuter All Pets)
SPCA Eastern Shore
Virginia Kincheloe Spay/Neuter Clinic
CURRENT LEGISLATION - STAY INFORMED